Tile in Missouri
Tile is colorful, water-resistant, and extremely enduring, making it a timeless choice for floors and walls, both indoors and outdoors. With thousands of tile materials, brands, glazes, and textures, there’s something for every need, budget, and taste.
Advance Carpet One Floor & Home in Des Peres and O’Fallon, MI, takes pride in our impressive tile collection. Need stylish, affordable tiles for your home or business, but not sure where to begin?
Here’s some helpful information to help you along the way.
Why Shop Tile with Us?
Our tile experts are here to guide you from start to finish.
We proudly source our tile products from reputable manufacturers to ensure you’ll get only top-quality tile, every time. Regardless of your signature style or working budget, there’s a tile option (or many options) to meet every need.
Each tile package sold comes with a lifetime warranty, with our in-house professional installers here to ensure every project gets off to the right start!
What Are Tile’s Benefits?
Tile is a wonderful option for Missouri’s local climate.
Durable tile is perfect to combat shifting temperatures and humidity levels, as they won’t easily be damaged by moisture. Speaking of moisture, tile is great for allergy sufferers as it isn’t prone to mold or mildew growth. It’s wonderfully pet-friendly an fares fine with family life.
A stylish, enduring tile floor is considered an attractive addition to all types of properties and can even bring up your resale value.
Best Types of Tiles
Most tile is made using either ceramic, porcelain, or stone.
Which type of tile is the ideal choice for your space? Here are some things to remember when shopping for tiles:
- Ceramic tiles have been known to last for decades – even centuries. Since they are formed using natural clays, then fired in a kiln, these tiles can withstand even the heaviest foot traffic.
Porcelain tiles are manufactured in the same process as ceramic, but since they’re kiln-fired at a higher temperature, they tend to be denser. Because of this added density, porcelain tile works well in outdoor gathering spots, including patios.
- Stone tiles are luxurious and naturally enduring, making them great for all your favorite outdoor spaces. Made using marble, granite, slate, and other hard stones, this tile also works well for indoor hearths and mudrooms.
- Mosaic tiles are made of various colors and materials and can accent your style and let your personality shine. Use them to create borders, on accent walls, or even cover your entire wall or floor.
Tile that Looks Like Real Hardwood
Wood-look tile offers benefits besides its alluring appearance.
It doesn’t require the same routine maintenance as genuine hardwood. Wood-look tile is made from durable ceramic and porcelain. It’s not prone to dents or scratches and resists moisture well. In fact, wood look tile is ideal for high-moisture areas like bathrooms, kitchens, and entryways.
It can be installed on floors as well as shower walls. One of the top trends is a wood-look tile shower, with a herringbone pattern. Walk-in showers with wood look tile bring attention to the sophistication of the pattern, while often making the space look even larger.
Plan Your Tile Installation
Our professional tile installers have decades of experience and are here to help you customize your floors, walls, showers, and outdoor gathering spots.
Our experts can help you create a tile backsplash that truly makes you feel at home, from modern to contemporary, and even farmhouse styles. You can combine tile styles to add depth to your design or add a bold border with a mosaic to enhance the look and feel of the space. Stone tile, like limestone, is perfect for a fireplace.
Kitchens and bathrooms see moisture and spills: since tile is waterproof or water-resistant, you won’t have to worry about moisture damaging your walls or in the shower. When a tile backsplash is installed, you’ll protect your walls from spills, food splatters, and any other mishaps that could occur.
How We Install Tile
When you see how complex the tile installation can be, it’s easy to see why we recommend having a professional installation, every time!
Here’s a brief outline of the process:
- Preparation: Your subfloor is leveled, with any damages repaired and a moisture barrier added.
- Layout: A pattern is created, and tiles begin being aligned.
- Installation: Adhesive is applied using a trowel and tiles are spaced and pressed into place.
- Grouting: Grout is applied to the joints between tiles to seal and prevent moisture from sinking in.
- Sealing: Once grout is fully dry, your new tile is sealed for added protection.
Shop for Tile Near You in Missouri
Advance Carpet One Floor & Home lets you enjoy the buying power of over a thousand stores while staying true to our local community. As locally owned members of the world’s favorite flooring cooperative, we can’t wait to help you tackle your next indoor or outdoor tile project, whether you're seeking new flooring or a backsplash design.
We carry the best tile brands, including:
Visit our local flooring showrooms soon in Des Peres and O’Fallon to learn more about our residential and commercial tile floors, tile walls, and tile installation.